Tuesday, March 15, 2016

How to plant a living Easter basket



Last year I started a new tradition for my children. One that I hope to continue on through their childhood. Giving them a living Easter basket. This is such a fun spin on the traditional basket filling. My friends over at Garden Answer have an awesome tutorial video on how to do it and with just a couple weeks from Easter, you still have plenty of time to do this. It was even fun to include my oldest in on the process of planting and watching the grass grow. Whatever your Easter tradition is, this was so much fun. Plus the fresh green grass was just a bonus to have in the house with Spring around the corner.

What you will need:
basket
white plastic bag
potting soil
scissors 
perennial rye seed
water bottle
cling wrap 

Follow the tutorial on Garden Answer's youtube here.

I had permission to share the final picture and it turned out so fun and festive. Enjoy!



No comments :

Post a Comment