Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Dining room facelift

I am constantly doing projects around our home and trying to find my style. My next main focus is our dining room. When we moved into our home, we were gifted a beautiful old vintage Ethan Allen table. It's solid oak and has its fair share of dings and dents but I love it. It's perfect with small children because I don't have to worry about anything. Like most homes, our dining room is also a main focus, so I want to give it a functional facelift and make it feel more cozy and loved.  By the way, like most newlyweds and young couples, we have few furniture pieces that we have purchased on our own. We were given well loved furniture when we first moved in.The dining chairs we currently have are clunky and don't tuck under the table. They take up a lot of space and it already is limited. I'm so excited to be getting new chairs in a few weeks. I'm also hoping that by creating this space that our table doesn't continue to be the catch all spot. We use the dining room doors as our main entrance daily so it tends to get cluttered. I created this inspiration board with a few things I hope to incorporate. I can't wait to share before and after pictures with you.








No comments :

Post a Comment