Thursday, January 21, 2016

How to make a Magnolia Wreath


I'm excited to share this tutorial on How to make a Magnolia Wreath. If you are a fan of fixer upper like me, you know all about them. When I was browsing The Magnolia Market Shop online (lets be honest, I do this often) I was taken back a bit on the price of the famous magnolia wreath, I just could not justify spending $95. So I decided to make my own, using real Magnolia leaves and it only cost me $34.



You will need:

1. Two bunches of Magnolia Leaves. I ordered these from our local florist and they took only 2 days to arrive. They Cost $12/bunch

2. A grapevine wreath. You can find these at just about any craft store. For convenience, I also grabbed this at the florist when I went to pick up my magnolia. It cost $10. 

3. A pair of hand pruners.  I already had these on hand.

4. Paddle wire. I had this on hand from past wreath making and previously purchased from our local nursery. 


I did not photograph how I made it for lack of extra hands so I will try my best to explain. First you will want to clip excess stem from the magnolia, leaving a a couple inches to be able to attach it to your wreath. After you have done this, wrap the paddle wire around your wreath to attach. Grab your magnolia stem and lay it at a slight angle and wrap with your wire. *make sure you are wrapping tight enough for it to stay in place. Continue to wrap more magnolia stems in a counter clockwise pattern until the wreath is finished. You will place the top leaves over the stem you wrapped to hide it all the way around.  *note that you will not cut the paddle wire until you are completely done and ready and finished. It will be one continuous motion. 


I am super happy with the way it turned out! And for the price, it's just perfect. I love the look of the green and brown leaves! If you want to see a different way to make one, check out this tutorial from Garden Answer. She is just the best!


No comments :

Post a Comment