Monday, March 14, 2016

DIY Industrial Shelves



I have been wanting to do this project for a few months now. I had the hardware sitting in the trunk of our car from a Home Depot trip back in January and finally on Sunday decided to get it done. This was a super easy project and required little knowledge in construction. I actually followed this fellow bloggers step by step instructions here. I made a few adjustments. My shelves are 43 inches. I made sure to sand down the edges and round the corners using an electric sander. I wanted these to look like they were made to be shelves, not just two boards that we cut. I skipped spray painting the pipe, I like that industrial look and made some curtain rods in my sons room (I will do a blog post on that another day). I also used the stain color honey. I absolutely love this stain color. I originally thought I had wanted to use a dark walnut color but this color is exactly how I pictured them. 

My husband and I are far from handy and lord help us if we ever decide to remodel a home one day in the future. Even though we aren't super handy, I love working on projects with him. My father is law is amazing with wood working. My in laws own 3 coffee shops and he is responsible for designing and or creating most of the decor and tables. His work is incredible and eclectic and all new customers that come in are in awe of the decor. Check out some photos of the coffee shop on their website here

These shelves are incredibly functional and could be used in any room. I definitely am planning to make more. I look forward to changing up the decor seasonally. I hope I inspire you to make some, you won't be disappointed!










No comments :

Post a Comment