Saturday, February 20, 2016

A touch of Spring

Who else gets the itch to add green to their home mid February? When you box up all those decorations from the holidays, it leaves your home feeling empty and bare. I love adding Spring flair to my home to brighten it up and give the house a fresh feel. I also love to change up my mantel decor. Last summer we re-did our fireplace stone and tile and added a beautiful cedar mantel. It went from eye sore to a statement in our living room. I absolutely love the way it turned out!












I added boxwood plants in different containers to give it a fresh feel. I also added these copper balls in different sizes. I love them because you can see thru them and they are fun to look at. I put in some sentimental pieces as well. The two wooded houses are hand carved and gifted to me from my dads barber and the bicycle was given to us after my husbands grandfather passed away. The hydrangeas also add freshness and I painted the vase they are a matte white. The three owls (see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil) I got from my favorite nursery and the cute sheep from a craft store. I have slowly gathered different things I love over the years to rotate thru the seasons. Hope you are inspired to do the same. 




No comments :

Post a Comment